Sarah L. Knapp Resume (.pdf)
A community organizer and executive director professional with 10 years experience working in grassroots and corporate events, brand building, product development marketing, and content creation and distribution. An accomplished project manager with experience building relationships, ideating and executing B2B partnerships, sponsorship sales and acquisition, lifestyle events, online media, conferences, and digital platforms. Highly adaptable, a polished communicator, a team player, and passionate about community building. Additional experience includes public speaking, brand ambassador for multiple brands, and a published writer.
Founder & Director, OutdoorFest, New York, NY (2014 – present)
- Founded annual 10 day festival with average 2,000 participants annually
- Developed and implemented mission of encouraging long term participation in local outdoor recreation
- Ideated, managed, and executed diverse range of programming across all 5 boroughs
- Programming focused on recreation, education, community building and fundraising for local non-profits
- Responsible for acquiring and negotiating sponsorship sales with the likes of Shutterfly, Salomon, Columbia
- Organization highlights include press mentions in The New York Times, The New Yorker, Time Out New York
Founder & Director, Mappy Hour, Nationwide, (2016 – present)
- Founded a robust grassroots, community events series and online platform with 10 chapters across U.S.A
- Facilitated outdoors education and social connection through curated, community style events.
- Created training guide and provided ongoing mentorship for chapter leaders.
- Created an online community hub has enabled 6,500 members to connect over 10,000 times
- Acquired and managed national partnerships with brands including The North Face and Sierra Nevada
Owner/Senior Editor, OffMetro, New York, NY (2016 – 2020)
- Acquired and managed a digital publication with monthly readership ranging from 30 – 50k
- Directed a team of 10 writers focused on producing customized sustainable travel itineraries and guides
- Grew email subscribers by 600%. Negotiated sale of publication for 3x it’ 2016 buying price
- Named “ one of the top 11 most reliable websites in responsible travel” by Lonely Planet.
Freelance Producer, NYC, (2015 – present)
- Freelance producer and production professional for New York based experiential events
- Managed production schedules, vendor sourcing, pre-production planning, wrote SOWs for subcontractors
- managed onsite event execution and breakdown, and live event social media management.
- Highlighted agency projects include Reebok yoga event and a customized basketball activation for Warner Bros
ADDITIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
- Public speaker for SXSW, IBM, The North Face, NYC Parks,, Outdoor Retailer, FestForums, NY TravFest
- Published writer for Outside Magazine, REI Journal, Rockaway Times, Pink Pangea and Adweek
AWARDS & EDUCATION
Appalachian Mountain Club Outdoor Catalyst Award (2019), Outside Magazine 30 Under 30 (2017)
New York University – Bachelors in History, Minor in Hebrew & Judaic Studies, Summa Cum Laude